Pre-Professional Division: By Audition Only
View Pre-Professional Division schedules here
Our Pre-Professional Division is one of the most rigorous in the country because of the breadth and depth of our training, but it will allow you to go work professionally on Broadway, as a Radio City Rockette, with the top dance companies, or glean scholarships to the top colleges and universities in dance and musical theatre and beyond.
Performers in this division are fully committed to performing arts at CPA and can envision their long term goals. They train with the best in the industry at CPA and with CPA Guest Artists.
If you are serious about performing arts, we would love your consideration of our program.
- Our Pre-Pro Division classes are open to any student who meets the technical requirements of each class, but 99% of our Pre-Pro Division students are also members of our non-profit, pre-professional performing arts company, The Chambers Dance and Theatre Company. For audition information, please contact our Artistic Director at email@example.com.
- Our Pre-Pro Division classes are year-round. There is no drop-in option.
- We will work with you to customize a training program tailored to your needs to meet your goals in performing arts.
- 99% of our Pre-Pro Division students train in all forms of performing arts at CPA: classical ballet, tap (both Rhythm and Broadway Tap), jazz, contemporary, musical theatre, hip hop, Fosse, voice, acting, Acrobatic Arts, Progressing Ballet Technique, injury prevention, and more.
- All level III-IV classes have additional weekly class requirements (except Hip Hop).
- Our Pre-Pro Division is by audition only. If you are new to CPA, we will provide an evaluation at no cost to you to help you find the right fit.
- Students in our Pre-Pro division take an average of 12-16 hours per week at CPA Monday-Friday and an additional three 6-8 hours on weekends. They train year-round, including summers and winter breaks.
- We also offer College Placement Assistance when the time comes. Visit our College Placement Page.
- Our Alumni perform on Broadway, with the Radio City Rockettes, with the top dance companies in the country, and enjoy scholarships to the top musical theatre and dance colleges and universities. Visit our CPA Alumni Page for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: One Production Fee ($89) covers every class that you take at CPA.